Discover Relief for Knee Pain in Brick & Old Bridge, NJ & Surrounding Areas
Our knees absorb a lot of impact throughout our lifetime. Sports, exercise, and even daily activities like climbing stairs can contribute to knee pain. In fact, chronic and acute knee pain is widespread among adults in the United States. Freeman Orthopedics & Pain Center can relieve the knee pain you’re experiencing with a wide variety of treatment options. As the area’s premier orthopedic pain management specialist, our team has access to cutting-edge treatment options to deliver exceptional results for our patients. Schedule your treatment today.
What Causes Knee Pain?
As orthopedic specialists, our job is to uncover the underlying cause of your knee pain. Your knees bear much of your body’s weight over your lifetime. This amount of wear and tear can cause even the smallest injury to have a life-long impact. Understanding the how and why of your knee pain allows Dr. Freeman to provide the best treatment options available to alleviate your pain. Some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- ACL Injury – The ACL or anterior cruciate ligament is located along the front of your knee cap and helps to lock it in place.
- MCL Injury – The medial collateral ligament is found on the inner side of your knee and connects the thigh bone to the shin bone.
- Gout – Gout can form in nearly any joint in the body, including the knees. It causes inflammation, pain, and tenderness in the affected area.
- Knee Osteoarthritis – Knee osteoarthritis is the continual loss of articular cartilage that allows the knee to operate smoothly.
Effective Knee Pain Treatment Options
At Freeman Orthopedics & Pain Center, we provide numerous effective treatment options to help alleviate pain in your knee, so you can continue to enjoy the activities you love. Our medical professionals, led by Dr. Freeman, will customize a treatment plan specifically to cater to your needs. Not every treatment is appropriate for the causes of your knee pain, which is why it’s crucial to choose a knowledgeable team to find the best pain management technique for you. Our doctor may recommend the following treatment options:
- Viscosupplementation Treatment for Knee Arthritis – In this procedure, a gel-like fluid called hyaluronic acid is injected into the knee joint. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the synovial fluid surrounding joints. It acts as a lubricant to enable bones to move smoothly over each other and as a shock absorber for joint loads
- Joint Injections – A joint injectable medication may be the best solution for fast-acting relief of acute knee pain.
Your Local Knee Joint Pain Specialist
As an in-network orthopedic specialist, we’re able to provide you with cutting-edge treatments for knee joint pain to patients throughout Brick, New Jersey, and the surrounding communities. Our knowledgeable and compassionate team of medical professionals has decades of experience identifying the underlining issues causing your knee pain and can deliver fast and long-lasting results. You don’t have to sit out of the most exciting activities because of knee pain. Instead, call us to schedule your appointment.